Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Beets my love

Beets my love

 I love beets.  I don't know when it started but I just love them.  I remember sitting in my aunts kitchen with a fork eating pickled beets out of the jar with her. 



I have not met a beet I didn't like, be it pickled, roasted or boiled.  Lunch today is going to be divine. Fresh beets from the farmers market roasted to perfection fresh greens with creamy goat cheese and of course a delicious homemade vinaigrette. So here goes the recipe:

Roasted beet and goat cheese salad with balsamic vinaigrette

serves 4


4 beets roasted
(place washed beets in tinfoil and bake 350 for 1 hour or until tender when they're cooked and cool enough to handle rub off skin and cut into quarters)
4T goat cheese or as much as you like
8c fresh greens ( i use mesculine mix )
1/4 cup walnut halves
4T dressing or to taste


Balsamic vinaigrette

1t wholegrain mustard (you can use any fancy mustard but no yellow mustard)
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/8 cup good olive oil
1 clove garlic crushed
1/2-1t dried basil
salt to taste

whisk together mustard, vinegar, garlic, basil and salt. Slowly add in the oil until combined. Use this basic recipe or change out the herbs and vinegar to suit your tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment